Job openings at NESCA.
Join one of the most well respected and recognized neuropsychology practices in the Boston area. NESCA has been in business since 2007. We provide Neuropsychological evaluations, both domestic and international, cognitive behavior therapy, school and parent consultations, psychological testing, integrative services such as yoga and acupuncture, and full transition evaluations and interventions.
We offer flexibility in a deeply caring and collaborative work environment. We are looking for leaders and self-motivated people who would not only enjoy this type of culture – but who passionately love their work.
Psychometrician Newton, Massachusetts
Join one of the most well respected and recognized neuropsychology practices in the Boston area. For more than 20 years, the professionals at NESCA have been providing neuropsychological evaluations, both domestic and international, cognitive behavior therapy, consultations to parents, schools, and professionals, psychological testing, integrative services such as yoga and acupuncture, and full transition evaluations and interventions.
At NESCA, we focus on delivering the highest quality client care and creating a culture that is deeply caring, collaborative and fun. We are looking for leaders and self-motivated people who will contribute to our culture and join us in being passionate about our work.
NESCA Psychometrician Job Description:
- Detailed scoring of an extensive array of neuropsychological measurements, including psychological, and educational tests. These evaluations are conducted by NESCA’s pediatric neuropsychologists. The psychometrician enters data from these evaluations.
- Must learn and apply scoring rules for many different tests. Extremely detailed-oriented position.
- Previous experience scoring tests or doing data entry strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistical norms is beneficial.
- Exquisite attention to detail (i.e., calculating scores accurately, transferring information from one format to another, reading numerical tables)
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy
- Needs the utmost of precision
- The ability to prioritize task demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to maintain attention and focus for a long period of time independently
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Interest in psychology/neuropsychology is helpful
- College Degree or college work completed is preferable.
- Please send resume with cover letter giving us some information about you that is not in your resume. Any information you feel would help us know you better is welcome!
- Please email materials to Robin Winston:email@example.com
Therapeutic Mentor/Transition Coach Great Barrington, Massachusetts
NESCA is currently seeking vibrant, enthusiastic applicants for the position of Therapeutic Mentor / Transition Coach. This is a part-time position in and around Great Barrington, Massachusetts.
Through fun, recreational activities, mentors will work one-to-one with adolescents/young adults in their homes or in the community, helping them to acquire skills they need to meet their personal goals and to become confident, competent adults. Mentors are able to develop rapport with clients, provide strengths-based support, and coach and encourage self-advocacy and personal growth.
At a basic level, mentors help their clients get out of the house and explore local activities that may be enjoyable and rewarding. Over time, mentors help facilitate development of communication, coping, problem solving, independent living and organizational skills as well as generally learning how to be more successful in their home, school, and community life. For example, mentors and their clients may explore leisure activities at restaurants and coffee shops, volunteer at a pet shelter, or work together to develop a study plan for a community college class.
A candidate for this part-time (3-9 hours/week) position will be enrolled in or a graduate of an Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree program in psychology, education, human services or a related field and have at least one year’s experience working with adolescents or transition age youth. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with effective coaching and organizational skills and a passion for learning about and helping others.
Interpersonal skills are a must as you are expected to work as part of a larger support team including family members, professionals, school personnel, coaches, and transition specialists in order to ensure the success of the clients we serve.
The required job knowledge for a Therapeutic Mentor / Transition Coach is as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in helping others
- Compassion and empathy
- Patience and persistenc
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in the moment
- Willingness to seek help and supervision
Experience and Training:
- Previous experience working with teens or transition age youth
- Previous experience working with clients with emotional, behavioral or medically complex challenges and their families
Schooling or Equivalent:
- Associates’ degree, high school diploma, or GED and two (2) years’ experience working with target population
- OR Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year experience working with target population
- Please send your resume and a cover letter which would give us a little more information about who you are such as: What are your particular areas of interest or expertise? What is your educational and professional situation currently? Any information you feel would help us know you better is welcome!
- Please email materials to Kelley Challen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Therapist Newton, MA
More details coming soon!