Welcome to NESCA
NESCA is a pediatric neuropsychology practice and integrative treatment center in Newton, Massachusetts, serving clients from preschool through young adulthood and their families. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Ann Helmus, the practice now includes a growing number of experienced neuropsychologists and other skilled practitioners. From the first, we've worked very hard to set new standards for strong evaluations conducted with genuine warmth in a “non-clinical,” low-stress environment, with the goal of creating enduring and productive relationships with the people we serve.
I wanted you to know that we finally reached a comprehensive agreement with our school district for (our son’s) case. While many people made this happen, we are chiefly indebted to you. Your skilled analysis at each step made it possible for us to credibly demonstrate his needs. Additionally, though, your testing and thoughtful analysis has done more than anything to help us, as parents, understand how (our son’s) brain sees the world. For this, we can never repay you.
- A grateful parent
Types of challenges we typically evaluate and treat:
• Reading problems (including dyslexia) and academic issues
• Language-based, nonverbal and other learning disabilities
• Autism Spectrum and Social Communications disorders
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
• Executive functioning deficits
• Emotional issues including anxiety and depression
• Intellectual disabilities
• Complex presentations that don't fit neatly into a diagnostic category
Over the last 10 years, you have consistently been a source of support and advice, rescuing the most difficult situations. You have always accommodated my needs to fit within your hectic schedule. Words cannot express my appreciation.
- Parent, Arlington, MA